Boxing is a minigame in Bully. It appears as a sport favored by the Preppies.
The minigame takes place in third person with the camera behind Jimmy. Jimmy can move around, block, duck, and throw punches. He and his opponent both have a health meter, much like those in fighting games. The fights have 30 second rounds. To win, Jimmy must empty his opponent's health meter and then throw a knockout punch.
Between rounds, Jimmy regains approximately 30% of his health meter. His opponents regain only a minuscule amount of their meter between rounds.
Boxing place an important part in two missions
- In Prep Challenge, Jimmy enters a boxing tournament in the hopes of winning a house in Old Bullworth Vale. He wins, but due to not being a member of "the Board," he is given the abandoned Beach Hideout instead
- In Boxing Challenge, in attempt to subdue the Preppies, Jimmy challenges Bif to a boxing match, and triumphs. However, Derby Harrington encourages the despondent Preps to fight against Jimmy.
After winning each match, Jimmy's punching damage is increased. Following the completion of Prep Challenge, the Beach Hideout and Boxing outfit is unlocked. Completing Boxing Challenge will immediately transition to the next mission Dishonorable Fight.
After winning these four matches, he can start boxing matches for money, wagering up to $20. His opponent will be randomly selected from any of the four.
- Health bonus received by kissing girls carries on during the fights, giving Jimmy huge advantage if he enters the match with double health meter.
- The Preps will taunt Jimmy during his fights, even if the fights are done in Chapter 3 or Chapter 6, where Jimmy's respect with them is at 100%.
- Pinky will cheer Jimmy on, even if the fights are done before he starts dating her.